Headaches and migraines
How we can help
At the clinic we are highly trained to differentiate between the different sorts of headache and provide headache relief. Through a detailed case history and examination we can decide whether or not there is a musculoskeletal cause or if we need to refer you back to your GP for further tests.
Using skilled techniques we can feel for and identify the joints and muscles which are tight and causing pain and gently yet effectively loosen them through stretching and massage techniques and where appropriate, joint manipulation.
We will have assessed your posture and asked you questions relating to how you position your body at work and at rest. After your examination we can then offer you tailored advice on your posture, sleeping and working positions and give you exercises and stretches that are specific to your needs. Factors such as stress can play a big part in the production of headaches and we can offer advice on ways to cope with stress and reduce the physical effects upon the body. Additionally, we have a fantastic multidisciplinary team of therapists in-house should further stress management be required.
We offer free telephone advice outside of your treatment session so you have can the peace of mind that help is at hand when you need it.
Call us on 01737 818000 to arrange an appointment.
“Safe in our hands”
Conditions We Treat:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic) / migraine prevention
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Joint pains
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tensions